Loopmix Drag And Drop in Logic

Hi,

I’m trying out Loopmix in Logic. I’ve used it in Ableton, and it’s possible for me to drag and drop
audio from either the timeline or the browser. But, when I try it in Logic, it’s not possible. Am I missing something?

Hi Nerldy,

From where exactly are you trying to drag audio from, may i please have a screenshot?

Ok, seems like I can’t attach a video as it would’ve shown it better.

In the screenshot, you can see both arrows from where I’m trying to drag the audio from.

Thanks for the screenshot,

Can you please make sure that these are supported audio files? At the moment Loopmix supports the following file types: WAV, MP3, AIFF, OGG, FLAC & BWF

They’re Apple Loops which are AIF as per their website.

I also tried with the same folder that I drag and drop into Ableton, and I’m having the same problem. These are WAV

I see, is there a setting in Logic then that is preventing the use of Drag n Drop?
Are you able to Drag n Drop into other apps?

I’m not sure. I’m new to Logic too. I’ll search if I have any other app that does drag and drop and give it a test.

It only works now if I run Logic in Rosetta mode. maybe it’s a Logic issue.

Thanks for the information. I was about to propose the same thing, we will do some tests on our side to see if there is any conflict between the two modes.

In future it may be possible to import direct AppleLoops(thats not wave-files) ?

Just to say, same issue in Pro Tools. Can’t drag in from either the Edit window or Clip bin. Not ideal.

Hello Stretch,
Are these regular audio files? Are you able to locate them on your hard drive and drop them into Loopmix?

Yes, can drop them in directly from my hard drive - but not from within Pro Tools.

Can you please check in permissions (Security & Privacy tab) if Loopmix and/or PT have access to these files/folders?

But this is IN Pro Tools, so Pro Tools of course has access to them. As for Permissions, they give users access to applications and files, not the other way round.

These are just ordinary wav files that I can open in anything, including dragging them into Loopmix. But as above, I can’t drag them into Loopmix from within Pro Tools. Can you not try/test this yourselves?

Hello Stretch,

We have tested this on many PT & OS setup combinations but we can not replicate this problem. Which is your PT version?

Setup a new Pro Tools session with Loopmix and yes, it works fine. My apologies for wasting your time, I still don’t know what I was doing wrong. Thanks for following this up.

1 Like