Hi, Riffer looks exciting, and I’m enjoying Soundbox and all the packs on Linux, so I’m naturally interested in knowing if there’s any plans to release Riffer on Linux?
Hi, and thanks for your interest in Riffer 4 for Linux!
We could definitely build a Linux version. The main challenge is that we’re not able to formally test it across the wide variety of Linux distributions and setups.
If more Linux users are willing to help us test it and provide feedback, we’d be happy to give it a try and hopefully have a Linux version available.
Hi, thanks a lot for your response! I’m hereby stating that I’m committed to help out with testing a Riffer native Linux release candidate. ![]()
I’d easily be able to test on:
- Bazzite (Fedora)
- SteamOS (Arch)
- Tuxedo OS (at the moment Ubuntu, soon Debian Testing)
Based on your experiences with Soundbox however (which runs flawlessly on all of the above), does distribution actually matter that much? Just curious, I really have no idea how plugins work and interact with operating systems!
Thanks for being willing to test it on Linux.
Yes, different applications often require additional testing across operating systems, as compatibility can depend on the libraries and algorithms being used.
We want to make sure we don’t end up with a version that runs well on Windows, macOS and iPad, but has issues on Linux and feels like an afterthought. Our goal is to deliver a solid, reliable release across all supported platforms.
We’ll send a Linux build your way, and we can take it from there.
Thanks again for your availability and willingness to help!
Awesome, can’t wait!!