Playbeat Drops Fixed Notes when Switching Between Pads

When I assign Fixed Note Outputs in Playbeat and use the 'Auto-Fill Remix" button to fill the pads with alternate patterns, if I change the pattern by clicking a button, all of the assignments for the Fixed Notes no longer work properly. I have to manually turn Fixed Notes Off and then On again for each Track in order to get them to work properly again. Even when I go back to the ‘original’ pattern (Pad Number 1), I have to do the same thing. It makes it completely useless to use the pads function. I am on Ableton Live 11.2 on a Mac OS 12.2, with Playbeat 3.1.7

Hi davidfodel,
Have you tried to Lock the MIDI output settings? (see screenshot below)

Lockedmout

That does not appear to make any difference.
As soon as I select another pad, the Fixed note stop sending notes, until I turn them OFF and then ON again. All of the note assignments are still there, as origianlly assigned, but they have to be toggled on and off to start sending again.

David Fodel
Curator, Lafayette Electronic Arts Festival [LEAF]
Fellow, Media Archeology Laboratory, CU Boulder

That’s strange, thanks for reporting this.
It sounds like a bug. We will check what could cause this and correct with our next update.

Max

Are you able to reproduce this?

David Fodel
Curator, Lafayette Electronic Arts Festival [LEAF]
Fellow, Media Archeology Laboratory, CU Boulder

Not at all, once the MIDI outputs are set and locked, the Remix pads are sending MIDI properly.
We have just tested on the exact same setup (Playbeat 3.1.7, Live 11.2, Mac OS 12.2)

We will need to run some more tests to identify if there is an issue on our side which affects certain setups.