Playbeat 3.1.2 Fixed Note Output settings do not Save

Ableton 11.1.1, MacOS 12.2, Apple M1 Max, Playbeat 3.1.2

When I configure the Fixed Note Output for each of the individual tracks in a project, the next time I open the project all of the Fixed Note Output settings have reverted to all being ‘C3’.

Hello David,
The note output settings should be save along with the preset. Can you please confirm that is the case?

So if I make a Preset called ‘Test’ and change the Fixed Note Output on track 1 to ‘on’ and change the note from C3 to D3 and Save the preset, and the project, and then quit and restart Ableton - when I re-open and load the project, Playbeat comes up with the preset ‘Test’ loaded, with the Fixed Note Output on Track 1 set to ‘On’, but the actual Note value is C3. I then have to manually click ‘Load’ and select the ‘Test’ preset (which already appears to be loaded in the main window) and then the previously saved Note value ( D3 in this case) is loaded to Track 1.

Just wanted to check back in on this. Is this the intended behavior or is this in fact a bug? It seems like when I save a state in the plug-in that it should restore in the exact same state.

Thanks!

Hello David, This seems like a small bug on our side.
We will have an update for this really soon which will also include some new features as well.

Thanks for your patience.

Just out of curiosity is there an approximate date for the new release(s)?
Thanks for the responsive dev cycles…

Hello,

I have something similar happening, but for Bitwig. Is this supposed to have been fixed by now? (In my case, I want to drive other drum VSTs using the PBeat sequencer, but it always saves fixed notes at c3 when I reload) Thanks

Hello rthree,
Are you able to simply save a preset in Playbeat which has your desired MIDI output setup, and just load this preset?

Not in this case; I’m trying to drive another drum on the same track so I don’t want to set up multiple tracks per beat or something (in this case, trying to have PB drive XO).

All the other parameters seems to save in the MIDI Output section, like sending Plugin MIDI Output to “All”, as well as the ON status for each track in the fixed note output. It’s the actual values of each track note there that’s not saving, always goes to C3 (side note, would be nice to drop down/select the note there like you do for MIDI CC Mappings, rather than scroll/toggle the selection but I digress)

1 Like

Understood, this is the default setting.
Still not entirely sure why you can’t just load a Playbeat preset which contains just your custom MIDI output setup. There is no need to use multiple tracks for this. A preset can be saved even if there are no samples loaded in Playbeat.

:person_facepalming:

Ok. Fixed in 3.2 (I was up to date on my laptop but not my main desktop… argh) Sorry for the misinformation!

Glad to hear that it’s working for you :slight_smile: