Playbeat 3 - Exported midi not triggering sounds on playback

Not sure, why this major midi export bug is still opened. I hope I can cancel my purcase at plugin boutique, because it is really disappointing, that audiomodern still sells a software with such a major bug in the workflow. What a bad gear!

Hello martins,

This is not a bug in any way. Playbeat prints precisely the MIDI that is generated by the sequencers using the real-time pitch shifting functionality straight to the MIDI file.

Having that MIDI data fed back to Playbeat is a totally different scenario and it is not designed to work this way. The MIDI is there as an option to ‘feed’ another instrument/module.

I can confirm that due to popular demand we have implemented such a system where you can trigger Playbeat sequencers via MIDI - regardless of the pitch-shifting changes on its sequencer tracks - which will be available with our next update , until this is available I suggest that you use the Audio drag/export for your sessions.

I’m hoping to get clarification on this as well. The demo and documentation made it sound like MIDI exporting would be a breeze with this plugin - specifically, triggering other VST’s or taking the raw MIDI files and using them to trigger other Sample Libraries, however so far I can’t get Playbeat to output MIDI data to any of my other instrument tracks, and even the exported MIDI stems only seem to trigger 10% of the notes in the sequence, despite all of the sounds working from other external triggers.

Hey there,

I would like to add that I too have just got round to using Playbeat after having it for a month or so & trying to find a way it can fit into my workflow.
I ran across this very issue of the MIDI not triggering.
Happy I found this thread as it’s very informative.

I have to ask my self why would you need the midi stems if they don’t play? they are nice to have I guess.

Anyway. this is a brilliant way to drum up some inspiration, I can export the bits I like in audio & then play with that. so it’s not a total loss. & I will get some use out of it.
I can trigger the quick presets with the keyboard also so no big issue at all.

Again thanks for another great plugin…
:smiley: