Next update to Riffer

Great to have the new version of Riffer with multiple piano roll windows. A couple of features that I thought might be present seem not to be.

1. It would be great to be able to copy and paste the contents of the PR window from one of the 4 to another, so that playback settings could then be changed for an echo or “canon” effect.
  2. It would be great to be able to trigger the fast presets at the bottom of the screen with MIDI keys - I see they can be MIDI “learnt,” but I don’t think with keyswitches to switch preset?
  3. It would be great to be able to route the 4 piano rolls to 4 different MIDI channel outputs - if this is possible already, I can’t see how to do it.
    Thanks

Hello Robert, i hope you’re doing well.

Thanks for reaching out.

1. You can simply Drag ‘R1’ to R2’ etc…
  2. It is coming with our next update along with several new features.
  3. Riffer is totally able to do that as it provides independent MIDI channel outputs, however not many DAWs support this routing (4 different MIDI outputs coming from one MIDI track)

To my knowledge, the only DAW that supports this feature is Studio One on Desktop and AUM on iOS.

Thanks - is it possible to drag PR window patterns between multiple instances of Riffer?

Reaper supports routing multiple midi channel outs. If you haven’t found it it Riffer, it under Settings, 3rd item down.

That is correct,
Reaper support this functionality as well!

I would like to add here that on Ableton one can set-up a “Virtual MIDI Port” which can be used to route from inside AudioModern plug-ins to send individual tracks of the plug-ins (Riffer/Playbeat) to separate MIDI tracks in Ableton —allowing different softsynths to respond to seperate tracks. See this Post: