Midi learn request for PlayBeat 3

Hello, testing v3 right now, love it ! :grinning:
Would like to use note on/off of launchpad mini for some parameters like track select, currently only CC are accepted, possible ?

Another suggestion could be to add MIDI learn to start/end of the selected track, I sometimes use long sample to create kit, and itโ€™s a lot of fun to play with sample start to create variations.

Best
and congrats to the team !

2 Likes

Hello Nay-seven, thanks for taking the time to write on our new forum here.

Both requests are being looked at and we will correct in our upcoming update, about learn to sample start/end is a cool feature and definitely doable.

Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

cool !
good news ! :+1:

Iโ€™m guessing this never happened ? I have a launchkey mini, and while I can map a few controls on that to CCs that playbeat can pick up, I have no luck with notes (for controls like steps/pitch/density etc).

EDIT: This is on an iPad mini, and in standalone mode.

Hello bibenu,

With our upcoming v4 we have reconfigured the use of the keyboard to match the functionalities we have on our Loopmix app, which will allow sample/sequencer triggering via keyboard among other features.

At the moment there are various parameters that can be controlled via MIDI keyboard (note on/off) and they are available in the settings tab (gear icon) where you will see a toggle to choose from key <> CC.

2 Likes

I completely missed that that was a toggle, thank you.

1 Like