When is playbeat update coming?

One of the main reasons I bought playbeat was because it’s the only product I could find that you could midi control the randomize sample button. It’s such an important part of Playbeat, and it DOESNT WORK. When will it be fixed? How long does it take to update it?? I get wanting to add new features, but how about fixing the things that are broken first??

Hi Vinscuzzy,

Of course you can. You can either do that via the CC list (see screenshot below)

rs001

Or use the MIDI Learn function from the main page (see screenshot below)

rs002

Let me know if that works for you
Max

That’s the thing, it doesn’t work. I’ve tried using midi notes and cc messages, and it doesn’t work. Other automations like selecting the “all” button, but random sample doesn’t.

I’ve seen other people complain about it not working either.

I’m using playbeat 3.1.7 on a PC, with Ableton 11

I seems that you’re right, there is a small conflict with the new option to trigger the samples via keys/cc. We will make sure this is fixed ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

That’s great news about 3.1.8. Thanks for letting me know.

In the meantime, is there a place to download older versions? Maybe there’s a version that doesn’t have the bug I was talking about.

Unfortunately not, but I can confirm that it has been fixed and we will publish the update once we finish the testing on this one. We have added a couple of other little fixes & features in there, that’s why the delay.

Thanks for your patience.

Max

I see that you updated playbeat to 3.1.9, but the random sample trigger is still broken. It works like 4 or 5 times, and then stops working.