Keyboard shortcuts/modifiers

Would be great to have keyboard modifiers for some things, would save a lot of clicking. Two obvious ones:

• shift-click a step to lock/unlock it
  • alt/right-click a position to add/remove step (when in another tab than “Step”.)
1 Like

Hi rydan,

Thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded your request to the rest of the team as we are currently working for Playbeat v4.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Also, I must say, I think the Loopmix “power” button next to each section is much more intuitive than the small lock icon in playbeat, for enabling/disabling random updates for a given section/function and track. It also makes it possible to see, with a simple glance, what sections are randomized or not for the selected track. In playbeat, you have to select each section and check if the lock icon is enabled or not.

True,
That is one more feature that we are porting over to the rest of the apps, including Playbeat.

I’d definitely like to make more use of shortcuts related to the UI being a bit cramped on iPad mini. There are a couple of controls that often take 2/3 stabs to get a response (button) or a ‘catch’ (scroll bar).

Is there a reference for the shortcuts that already work ? I’ve found some useful ones (arrows) on the samples/presets management page but I could easily have missed a few.

Hi bibenu,

Which controls are not responsive enough? For scrolling in preset/sample manager tab you can use two-finger drag up/down.

1 Like

Two finger drag certainly helps on the sample page. Thank you

Two things I’ve just had problems with

• getting ‘randomise all’ to work on that page … I thought that nothing was changing because I had something locked, but it seems the target are for that button is pretty small.
  • finding the two ends of the sequence length control on the main page. Again I was thinking something was locked but actually, I was just not finding the target … maybe that is also small ?

Again, the context here is iPad mini. I don’t recall another app where I’ve had to spend time fine-tuning where I hit the screen.

Thanks for the information,

The button(s) space should be large enough to not produce these types of issues, we will check on an iPad mini to see if this produces any problems and correct with a quick update.

1 Like