Retrigger Option

I’m sure that I asked already somewhere, but here again - when I play Playbeat in DAW sync (Cubase 12 Pro here), I would like to start always with the first beat of a chosen pattern when I press play, not somewhere in between.

Is there a retrigger option or will be in an update?

Cheers, Pascal

Hello Pascal,

Playbeat has been designed to be in sync with your DAW/Host application and it will start from the position you choose on your DAW every time. At the moment there isn’t a re-trigger option.

So far something like this hasn’t been requested, but if more users ask for it we will definitely add it to an update.

I have just installed version 3.2.6.
The issue is still there.
Working on a project (in my case now Cubase Pro 13, on Windows 10 64bit) with a fix bpm the sync is fine and the pattern starts with the 1st beat.
In a project with tempo change the pattern does lose its correct restart position. When I start with 120 bpm it’s fine, when I start within a section after a tempo change to (fix set) 90 bpm for example, the playbeat pattern starts with the 5th step.
No correct retriggering is a heavy issue.
Every VST plugin, every Reason VST Rack Player and of course NI Maschine does that correctly.
For me that means, I still cannot use Playbeat as serious working tool in more sophisticated projects. Frankly, I don’t use it at all.
This is sad, because Playbeat has everything what makes it to use it as main drum workstation. For the moment it’s still useless to me, no mattern in which genre I would like to work with it.

1 Like

I can confirm that we are working on a major update soon to be released and this will be fixed among several other new additions. Thank you for your patience.

Any news here? No retrigger option in 3.2.6.

1 Like