Playbeat 3. Save kits & clear sequencer

I love the new version of playbeat, so many cool new features, however I really miss the ability to simply save a kit, like you used to be able to in the old version.

I get that the kits are now saved in with the presets, but it’s really nice to be able to find a groove and then preview different kits with that groove, which is now really difficult, if not impossible to do.

Additionally , it would be really handy to be able to easily clear both the quick presets at the bottom and the main sequencer, maybe with a button each?

Hello OleBlackEyes,

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment you do have the option to load only the samples that are on a different preset, to your current groove. You can do that by ‘expanding’ the preset name/menu icon on the right and click on the ‘Load Sounds’ button.

Would it help if we introduced a ‘Lock Sounds’ option on the slots area? This way you could lock the sounds that you currently have loaded and browse the presets while keeping the same set of sounds.

The sequencer and the Quick-load slots are two different things. At the moment you can:

1. Click on the reset icon on the top of the UI (next to the lock icon) which will reset the pattern
    and
  2. Remove the preset from the Quick-load slot by clicking on the little drop-down menu next to the preset name.

Let me know if that helps!

Hey, thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I hadn’t discovered some of the features you brought up, so I think I can find a decent work around there by using the user presets as a way to store kits, then storing all my kits as a pack maybe, to keep organised. I still think it would be more flexible to be able to save kits and sequences/settings separately, but I appreciate it is difficult to find a workflow that works well for everyone. Cheers!