Playbeat 3.2.7 update is out now! 🚀

• Fixed: Corrected the issue with mono to stereo audio file conversion upon importing.
• Fixed: Resolved an issue where samples were not saved with expansion packs during export on certain iPadOS versions.

:desktop_computer: Desktop users, you can download the app from your account -or- from our updates page here: Latest Software Updates | Audiomodern

:apple: iOS users, kindly check for updates manually if you haven’t automatic updates turned on.

Happy composing! :notes:

2 Likes

Any of the user feature requests coming soon? Or are they gonna be in version 4?

V4 Will come with many new features including almost all additional feature requests by users.

Greetings!

Will PlayBeat v4 have the option to:

a) relocate the library folder?
b) choose a custom sample folder?

thx!

Hi Pete,

a) Relocate the Library folder is available on our upcoming V4.

b) Choosing a custom sample folder should already be available in the current version. Do you mean the folder in which we use to randomize samples from? Once you select a sample on your sample slot, the randomization will then use the same folder to pick a new sample when you click on randomize.

Not sure who to let know, but I installed playbeat 3.2.8 yesterday and Reason 12 (win10) no longer starts as there is error with the VST ( I installed both PB vst2 and vst3 so not sure if it affects both). Reason went into VST protection mode.
I reinstalled to 3.2.6 that I previously had installed and that fixed the issue.
PB 3.2.8 looks like it needs some urgent TLC.

FWIW, in 3.2.6 there is a midi export issue within Reason, where the drag and drop “combined” midi might be malformed (compared to other product VST exports e.g. XO) and PB creates new instruments for each drum channel (and also appears to export each drag and drop midi twice )

Hi noiseboys,

Thanks for reaching out. It seems that your OS is missing the last C++ Redistributable update, we will need to include this with our next 3.2.9 installer to avoid any confusion, meanwhile you may download it directly from Microsoft here:

Thanks. Think I’ll wait then.
Is there a changelog for PB at all (to see what has been added)? I couldn’t find one.

If you need assistance with the midi export in Reason, let me know. Its a real pain :frowning:
Sent you a DM with a video showing the behaviour.

Versions 3.2.7 & 3.2.8 correct a minor UI issue when using the app with Studio One.

I can confirm that 3.28 does NOT correct the midi export issue.

Hi noiseboys,

I assume you mean in Reason DAW? Are you able to open the Playbeat UI and go to the export tab and export your MIDI from there?

as discussed in DM, when I drop in the exported PB midi file (from desktop) , it exhibits the same split behaviour rather than the neat combined operation as per XO (or Atlas etc).

Sorry I didn’t see that included in the video that you shared, in any case the exported MIDI should be combined in one midi file. If you export as a MIDI file (Export as a MIDI file button) and import to Reason, will it still be imported in multiple MIDI files/tracks?

Yes it does import as multi instrument single lane midi rather than 1 instrument and multilane midi.