Choke Groups for Overlapping Sounds

Hey team, hope you’re well.

I’m not sure this feature exists, but if it does, I can’t find it.

It would be great to have the ability to put samples in choke groups so that they don’t overlap. The most common use case being a long hat being choked by a short hat instead of having them both overlap.

Have a great day.

5 Likes

Hello carlosbtlr,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried the Linear Group settings ?
Here’s a video which explains that in detail: PLAYBEAT 3.0 by Audiomodern | Settings - YouTube

Max

Hey Max

I have, but if I’m not mistaken, Linear Groups only affect the way steps get laid out in the sequence, not the audio triggered by the steps. If a sample is longer than the ones that precede or follow it in the sequence, Linear Groups Settings won’t be able to prevent them from overlapping. Check this out to see what I’m talking about: NI Maschine - Using Maschine Choke Groups and Link Groups - How To Tutorial - YouTube

Understood,
That’s an interesting approach.
We will look on how to best integrate this to the engine, possibly with an extra tab to the ‘linear’ section on settings.

Max

2 Likes

That would be neat, thanks :slight_smile:

+1 to this, great idea, true choke groups would be amazing.

3 Likes

+1 for true choke groups as it would be great to use two different hi hat tracks that can choke each other and perhaps be able to select which instrument chokes the other when both hit the same step. Such as a priority order.

1 Like