Can you export a kit to a set of WAV files?

Since we have the export to MIDI stems, it would be really useful to be able to export the set of one-shots that make up a kit, ideally being able to drag/drop onto a Drum Machine device in Bitwig, or Ableton Live (if you must :wink:).

Okay, it looks as if the way to do it is to clear the pattern grid of all hits, then just put a column of hits in position 1, export the tracks in individual .wav files, and then drag them over the Bitwig Drum machine. You will probably have to trim the samples in the Sampler for each drum pad, and the pad names will probably need some amendment, but I think this is a start!

I exported a set of WAVs and loaded them into a Drum Machine within Bitwig…

I then exported the MIDI stems into Bitwig but it just doesn’t work…

Hi, carlcaulkett

Have you tried to assign the correct notes that will trigger your sampler via the settings tab?

If you mean this panel here…

I was literally going to try that, the second that you posted your reply, for which, thanks :wink:

Okay, I rejigged the MIDI note assignments as shown…
SCR-20230406-llnp

However, the MIDI notes, as exported, are coming across like this…

This was after I used this panel to identify the constituent waveforms…
SCR-20230406-lnel

…and then tweaked the filenames to ensure they went in the right slots…

What am I doing wrong? There’s nothing intrinsically complex I’m doing here… Any clues, anyone? :pray:t4:

May i please have a screenshot of your midi output settings?

expanel

Thanks for the reply. In addition to that change, I had to change the MIDI channels of the exported/dragged MIDI to all be 1…
SCR-20230406-ncwm

What would make life a lot easier, @Audiomodern, would be an option to export the component wave files from a kit, with the description as part of the filename, and with a leading 2 digit number 01, 02, etc. like this…
SCR-20230406-njya

This would mean that all 8 wave files could be dragged onto a Bitwig Drum Machine in one movement…
SCR-20230406-nlep

Then, when a the MIDI drum sequence is dragged as an entire piece, because of the MIDI channels
all being set to 1, they all attach with their respective drum pads…

In any case, thanks for your help. I think I’ve got a workable workflow for exporting to Bitwig, even if there is some manual tweaking of filenames involved along the way :wink:

In answer to your earlier question, my MIDI output settings were the same as yours, but with each row with the OFF setting. I changed them all to ON, and set the note range from C1 down to G1, like so…
SCR-20230406-ruqb