Playbeat 3 Quick-load Slots Do Not Load Samples

Hi there. I am trying to use the Quickload slots to simply jump between Presets in the same way that one can do so using the left and right arrow on the top part of the VST window. In fact when I click those arrows it does as expected, loads the new pattern AND the samples. However when I use the Quick load slots with different presets mapped to them, and click the Quickload buttons, it only changes the pattern and NOT the samples. I am using the VST in Ableton Live on a Mac. I have tried using the VST, VST3 and AU version. All the same. Am I doing something wrong? It seems like such a simple function.

Hi @davidfodel,

The Quick-Load slots can be used to load different patterns, but not sounds.

These are quick presets, useful to easily load different patterns to be used with the already loaded sounds.

So then how would I achieve the ability to jump from one preset to another with sounds. I can click the arrow buttons at the top of the VST window which allow me to move linearly from one sound to another, so i suppose I could copy presets into a new folder and then move through the presets that way, but these buttons are not currently MIDI mappable. Can you make these buttons MIDI mappable please?

David Fodel
Curator, Lafayette Electronic Arts Festival [LEAF]
Fellow, Media Archeology Laboratory, CU Boulder

Yes, a suggestion would be to divide the presets into packs and use the right and left arrow buttons.

At the moment, these buttons are not MIDI mappable, but we will improve this system with our future updates.

Regards,
Katerina

Thanks!

Is there a loose timetable for a future update/release to Playbeat?

David Fodel
Curator, Lafayette Electronic Arts Festival [LEAF]
Fellow, Media Archeology Laboratory, CU Boulder

Thanks for asking @davidfodel.

I don’t have a release date for the next Playbeat update unfortunately, but we are working to release updates for all of our Plugins. :slight_smile: