Playbeat 3 demo, pitch lock not working with smart randomisation

I’ve been trying out playbeat 3 on demo before I buy it. I have concerns with pitch lock not working with smart randomisation and wondering if it’s a bug with the demo version or if there’s bigger issues (or I’m getting something completely wrong!)

I highlight pitch, press lock, it locks with regular randomisation but smart randomisation it all goes out the window. It also completely disregards any other parameters set too. Is this just a smart function?

Hello Silentspace,
Thanks for reaching out. This has been corrected with the version 3.1.5 and it will be updated in the trial version soon.

In addition, you now have the option to lock the MIDI output notes via the settings tab:

Best
Max

Sold! That’s terrific! Thanks so much for reply!

Hello guys,
Unfortunately I still have this problem (hopefully the same one). Today I tried to install the most up-to-date version (3.2.6), but pitch lock still doesn’t work during smart randomization.
I’m not using the demo, but the full product.

I am attaching a video: In remix randomization pitch lock works, after switching to smart randomization it stops.

Audiomodern, I swear this doesn’t work properly. How can we help you to reproduce it?

It’s really sad for me, because I bought Playbeat mainly because of this great Smart randomization and the fact that it has a midi-out at the same time. But all the time it’s practically unusable for me because the two things just don’t work together. I expected it to be trivial to fix, and that within a month a patch would appear.

Hi biscuit,

I can see that you’re using the lock for the selected tab, have you tried to lock your MIDI outputs from the settings as shown in the screenshot below?

OKAY. So I’m reporting a breakthrough. I don’t get it, but that’s okay. As long as everything works as it should now. I’m posting two pictures to help you understand the difference. And thank you for the tip! And what better, the working one! Cheers! Jan

initial - non working:

working:

1 Like