Loopmix, (and Playbeat) Fade or ADSR control

Hey Audiomodern, Thank you for your plugins.

Here are some thoughts after playing with Loopmix/ Playbeat and Chordjam for hours.

The ability to choose what is excluded from randomness for each parameter in chordjam is really nice. It would be nice to see it applied in the same way to Loompmix and Playbeat.

In Playbeat, there is the possibility to manage the fade in/fade out of each sample, but the settings disappear when you change the sample. It could be nice if the fade settings could be locked for example. When you open the plugin in Live and configure the parameters, you automatically have the possibility to manage the quantization of each track. This is not available in Loopmix.

Loopmix is really good to be surprised by your own samples. If you are looking for the rough and dry side, you get it immediately, but if you want smoother transitions between sounds, it’s impossible (or I didn’t understand how to do it). It’s 0 or 1. But I find that there is no fade control or ADSR type for transitions. It might be nice to be able to manage the input or output volume of the audio for each track. I would like to be able to do ambient with Loopmix!

In Playbeat, there is the possibility to manage the fade in/fade out of each sample, but the settings disappear when you change the sample. It could be nice if the fade settings could be locked for example.

Chordjam is great. It’s probably my favorite plugin.

All best !

Prison

1 Like

Hi Prison,
Thanks for reaching out and for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Fade controls for Loopmix are a popular request an they will come with our upcoming update.

About Playbeat, you do have the option to Lock the sample edit parameters and they will stay intact even if you change the sample (see screenshot below)

lckbstpl3

Can you confirm this is working for you?

2 Likes

Hi Audiomodern

My bad, I didn’t see that lock function on Playbeat. Thank you ! Hope to see that kind of lock trick on Loopmix soon !

All best,

Prison

1 Like

I recently purchased Loopmix, and I was playing with it until I noticed the pops and clicks, and I first thought I could edit individual samples to get rid of them. I hope the update comes soon, as I can barely use the app for serious projects since editing the clicks and pops will take lots of time from my creative flow.

2 Likes

The problem with fades as opposed to ADSR envelopes is that you need to continuously adjust the fade-out settings to match the length of your notes or steps, whereas the release stage of an ADSR will fade any note out independently of its length. I hope you guys will replace fades with proper ADSR envelopes in the near future. Best wishes.