Filterstep VST3 Crashing Ableton Live 11.3.2

Anytime I try to open the latest VST3 version of Filterstep (which is what I’ve used on many of my projects) Ableton crashes on Windows 10 version 22H2.

It happens once I add the plugin to a blank track. Instantly crashes Ableton.

I have submitted a request already, but haven’t received a response and was curious if there was any input here.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hello TESmalley98,
Which is your Live version? Does that happen using both VST & VST3?

I have Live version 11.3.2. and it only occurs with VST3. VST works fine.

Thanks for the info.

We will check what might be the issue with the VST3 version and correct with our upcoming update. Thanks for your patience.

More like Ableton 11.3.2 crashing everything, including M4L devices. Had to revert back to 11.2.6

So far I’ve only had issues with Filterstep. How would one revert back if I run into more issues in the future?

You should always keep a stable version when you try out a new one so that you can simply run it instead. If on the other hand you have overwritten the stable version, you’ll need to look for previous versions in your Ableton account and install it back again.

Yeah I realized that now. I made the unfortunate mistake of having automatic updates turned on.

Thank you for reporting,

Similar feedback has been brought to our attention by other users using Live 11.3.2. We are currently investigating the root cause of the problem.

1 Like

Any update on this? Curious as to when an update will release.

We assume this is an issue with the VST3 version, not VST2. We will be updating soon.

I’m also having this problem with Loopmix

Any update on when this update is gonna be released?

You can download the latest Filterstep 1.1.3 update via our updates page here:

I still got the problem with loopmix. Ableton (Version 11.3.4) ist still crashing when trying to open a project with loopmix (Version 1.1.2).

For over a month I could not work on a couple important tracks, because Ableton crashes right away. Is there any solution? :frowning:
I’d love to use loopmix again, such an inspirational tool

Have you tried to use the VST (not VST3) version? Do you experience the same problems with this version?

I just tried it: VST works. I can save a project with a vst loopmix and reopen it.

But actually, all my productions included the VST3 version. So how should I open these?

AND I still want to use the VST3 version in the future (CPU wise etc.)

Hi,

This problem has already been reported in the Loopmix Crashing Ableton 11.3.2 topic 20 days ago.
I also reported my case.
The Audiomodern team is working on it.

Update:

We have fixed an issue with the VST3 version of Loopmix causing Live 11.3.4 to crash.
If you are using this latest Live version and the VST3 version of Loopmix, please head over to our updates page and download/install the latest Loopmix version 1.1.3

Happy music making!

1 Like

The last update seems to work. Thanks to the team.

2 Likes